Vegetables can be blended and added to many flavorful dishes and desserts. Why add vegetables:
- To use up raw vegetables in your refrigerator.
- To add vegetables when you or your child doesn’t eat them otherwise.
- To add color to your meal.
- To eat more vegetables.
Spaghetti sauce is so flavorful, most vegetables can be blended into the sauce. Favorite spaghetti sauce additions.
- 1 carrot/bunch of spinach
- Broccoli floret/slice of purple cabbage
- 5 beet stems/beet (beets stain handle with care)
Add nutritious carrots to a dinner dish or dessert.
- Grate or blend carrots into frosting to add color
- Shred carrots or zucchini into brownies
- Grate zucchini into cakes, breads, and muffins
- Make delicious Pumpkin Bars
- Add grated carrots to meatloaf
- Grate carrots into hamburger patties
- Shred carrots into cornbread or biscuits
- Add color to Jimmy Dean Sausage Dressing (my favorite) with added chopped orange carrots, red bell pepper, and purple onion.
- Add peas to white pasta or mac and cheese
Fast Food Favorites:
Sliced cucumber, colorful bell peppers, baby carrots, snap peas, and even a bunch of spinach (my grandson’s favorite lunchbox addition).